Thursday, July 29, 2010

Blueberry Chicken with Sangria





Blueberry Chicken with Sangria
 
1.5 lb pkg of frozen boneless chicken breasts
1T Oil
1/2 cup Apricot Jam
3T Dijion Mustard
1 cup frozen blueberries
Sangria
 
Brown chicken breasts on each side in oil. about 6 min. on each side.
Combine jam and mustard.  Spread over browned chicken.   sprinkle with blueberries (honestly I use more than 1 cup because we LOVE the sauce over rice to potatoes)
Reduce heat to low, cover.  Cook 15 min or until chicken is done.
Remove chicken and blueberries with slotted spoon.  Add Sangria and bring to boil until thick, if it doesn't thicken up to the consistency I want it, I add a little cornstarch.  I then put the blueberries back in the sauce and give them a nice stir.
 
Great with some rice or potatoes and steamed broccoli.
 
It is so super easy.  If I can make this successfully anyone can.

No comments:

Post a Comment